- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Woodinville, WA
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
When it was first published more than sixteen years ago, John Bryson's Strategic Planning for Public and Nonprofit Organizations introduced a new and thoughtful strategic planning model. Since then it has become the standard reference in the field. In this completely revised third edition, Bryson updates his perennial bestseller to help today’s leaders enhance organizational effectiveness. This new edition:
Since John Bryson's widely acclaimed Strategic Planning for Public and Nonprofit Organizations was first published in 1988, it has been reprinted nine times and has become the standard book in the field. This thoroughly revised edition sets the pace and combines information on leadership, strategic planning, and tools that can help leaders and followers enhance organizational achievement.
Figures and Exhibits.
PART ONE: UNDERSTANDING THE DYNAMICS OF STRATEGIC PLANNING.
1. Why Strategic Planning Is More Important Than Ever.
2. The Strategy Change Cycle: An Effective Strategic Planning Approach.
PART TWO: KEY STEPS IN USING THE STRATEGY CHANGE CYCLE.
3. Initiating and Agreeing on a Strategic Planning Process.
4. Clarifying Organizational Mandates and Mission.
5. Assessing the Environment to Identify Strengths and Weaknesses, Opportunities and Challenges.
6. Identifying Strategic Issues Facing the Organization.
7. Formulating and Adopting Strategies and Plans to Manage the Issues.
8. Establishing an Effective Organizational Vision for the Future.
9. Implementing Strategies and Plans Successfully.
10. Reassessing and Revising Strategies and Plans.
PART THREE: MANAGING THE PROCESS AND GETTING STARTED WITH STRATEGIC PLANNING.
11. Leadership Roles for Making Strategic Planning Work.
12. Getting Started with Strategic Planning.
A. Stakeholder Identification and Analysis Techniques.
B. The Oval Mapping Process: Identifying Strategic Issues and Formulating Effective Strategies.
C. Strategic Planning in Collaborative Settings.
Posted October 26, 2011
Posted November 4, 2010
No text was provided for this review.