Strategic Reading 1 Student's book: Building Effective Reading Skills / Edition 1by Jack C. Richards, Samuela Eckstut-Didier, Richards Jack C.
Strategic Reading is a three-level series designed to develop reading, vocabulary-building, and critical-thinking skills.See more details below
Strategic Reading is a three-level series designed to develop reading, vocabulary-building, and critical-thinking skills.
Table of Contents1. Music (Music and Moods, Louis Armstrong, The Biology of Music);
2. Money (Dangers in Shopping, How to be a Millionaire, Pity the Poor Lottery Winner);
3. Work (Your First Job, Job Satisfaction, Are You a Workaholic?);
4. Sports (Do pro athletetes make too much money?, Extreme Sports, Frequently Asked
Questions About the Ancient Olympic Games);
5. Nature (Keeping an Eye on the Weather, Nature's Weather Forecasters, Could you survive a natural disaster?);
6. Clothes (Dressing for Success, Casual Dress in the Workplace, T-shirts Out; Uniforms In);
7. Culture (Adventures in India, Body Language in the United States, Cross-Cultural Differences);
8. Outer Space (Living in Space, The Planets, Space Tours Not So Far Off);
9. Animals (The Terrible Toads, Exotic Animals--not as Pets!, Let's Abandon Zoos);
10. Travel (Adventure Travel, Choosing an Ecodestination, Jet Lag);
11. The Internet (Love on the Internet, Help on the Internet, Count Me Out);
12. Friendship (Ten Easy Ways to Make Friends, Best Friends, The New Family);
13. Gifts (Gift-Giving, Modern Day Self-Sacrifice, Gifts for the Hard to Please);
14. Emotions (Jokes can't always make you laugh, Envy: Is it hurting or helping you?, The Value of Tears);
15. Food (Chocolate, What Our Tastebuds Say About Us, It tastes just like chicken);
16. Sleep and Dreams (Power Napping Is Good for the IQ, Common Questions about Dreams,; What is a dream?).
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >