- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Lincoln, NE
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
The hosting of sports events - whether large international events, or smaller niche interest events - has huge and long-lasting impacts on the local environment, economy and industry. Strategic Sports Event Management: Olympic edition provides students and event managers with an insight into the strategic management of sports events of all scales and nature. The framework offers a planning process that can be used to understand the importance of a strategic approach, and shows how to implement strategies that can achieve successful sports events over the short and long-term. The text uses new international case studies throughout to offer real-world insight in both larger and smaller events. Plus, in this new Olympic edition, we see the introduction of a Beijing Olympiad case study in each chapter. Through this topical and timely addition to the text, we can understand the lessons to be learned by events mangers of events of all sizes. Written by an experienced author and using first-hand research the text looks at:
• The organisations involved such as the IOC, FIFA and IAAF, and their interactions with charities, the media and promoters.
• The short-term and long-term benefits of the planning process
• Evaluating the event, its impacts and legacies
• Operational strategies including finance, ticketing, transport, venues, IT, communications, equipment and personnel
• The bidding process and what is required for a successful bid Strategic Sports Event Management: Olympic edition builds on the substantial success of the first edition and is vital reading for students and practitioners alike.
1. The Sports Event Industry 2. Event Organizations 3. The Sports Event Planning Process 4. Impacts and Legacies 5. Financial Planning and Control 6. Event Revenue Maximization 7. The Bidding Process 8. Event Implementation 9. Marketing Planning and Implementation 10. Innovative Communications 11. Sports Event Sponsorship 12. Research and Evaluation
Posted February 8, 2014