Strategies for Alternate Item Formats on the NCLEX-RN Exam / Edition 1by Linda Anne Silvestri, Yazmin Mojica
Prepare yourself for the alternate item formats you'll encounter on the NCLEX-RN® exam. Strategies for Alternate Item Formats on the NCLEX-RN® Exam provides clear, specific approaches to every type of alternate item question, helping you strengthen your analytical skills and test-taking confidence. Each of the book's 280 NCLEX-style review questions includes… See more details below
Prepare yourself for the alternate item formats you'll encounter on the NCLEX-RN® exam. Strategies for Alternate Item Formats on the NCLEX-RN® Exam provides clear, specific approaches to every type of alternate item question, helping you strengthen your analytical skills and test-taking confidence. Each of the book's 280 NCLEX-style review questions includes complete rationales for correct and incorrect responses, plus a unique strategy to help you analyze the question and determine the correct answer. The Companion CD included with every book enhances your exam preparation with additional questions, audio components, and the option of two review modes.
Please check out these other great NCLEX-RN® review books from Linda Silvestri:
• Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination (9781416037088)
• Saunders Q & A Review for the NCLEX-RN® Exam (9780721603520)
• Saunders Q & A Review for the NCLEX-RN® Exam PDA Software Powered by Skyscape (9781416048510)
• Saunders Strategies for Success for the NCLEX-RN® Examination (9781416000952)
• Saunders Q & A Review Cards for the NCLEX-RN® Exam (9781416047261)
- 280 NCLEX-style alternate item format practice questions help you perfect prioritization, decision-making, and critical thinking skills.
- Unique organization based on client needs illustrates new alternate item formats used on the NCLEX-RN, including fill-in-the-blank, figures and illustrated "hot spots," multiple response, ordered response, and chart/exhibit questions.
- Introductory chapters present test-taking skills specific to alternate item formats.
- Each question is categorized by cognitive level, integrated process, and client needs area to simplify content identification.
- Rationales for correct and incorrect answers help you identify and understand the logic behind each response.
- Page references to core Mosby and Saunders textbooks with every question make content review quick and easy.
- Test-taking strategies with each question help you analyze the question type and identify the correct answer.
- A 75-question sample exam modeled on the NCLEX-RN test plan helps familiarize you with the exam format and testing experience.
- The Companion CD gives you all 280 review questions in an electronic format, interactive exercises demonstrating NCLEX functionality, a question randomizer, and multiple review modes for expanded review and reinforcement.
- 15 questions with audio components prepare you for the latest alternative item format.
Table of Contents1. Test-Taking Strategies for Alternate Item Format Questions
2. Safe, Effective Care Environment Questions
3. Health Promotion and Maintenance Questions
4. Psychosocial Integrity Questions
5. Physiological Integrity Questions
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >