- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Chatham, NJ
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
This work offers a clear examination of the synthetic routes followed to prepare a range of compounds with assigned generic names. With drugs selected for the illustrative value of the chemistry used for synthesis, the book illustrates a great variety of organic transformations and structural classes of compounds.
Ideal for anyone learning or working in organic, medicinal, or pharmaceutical chemistry today, Strategies for Organic Drug Synthesis and Design includes:
* Coverage of carbocyclic and heterocyclic compounds-steroids, opioid analgesics, beta lactam antibiotics, and more
* Hundreds of reaction flow charts detailing routes used to prepare over 600 compounds
* Biological rationales for drug classes and actions of individual agents
* Capsule presentations of basic principles of drug action
* An extensive chemical reaction index with over 3,000 entries.
Incl.carbocyclic & heterocyclic compounds, routes used to prepare 600+ compounds, chemical reactions of 3000+ entries.
Drugs Based on a Substituted Benzene Ring.
Indenes, Naphthalenes, and Other Polycyclic Aromatic Compounds.
Steroids: Part 1: Estranes, Gonanes, and Androstanes.
Steroids: Part 2: Compounds Related to Progesterone and Cortisone.
Nonsteroidal Estrogens and Their Antagonists.
Drugs Based on Five-Membered Heterocycles.
Drugs Based on Six-Membered Heterocycles.
Five-Membered Heterocycles Fused to a Benzene Ring.
Six-Membered Heterocycles Fused to a Benzene Ring.
Seven-Membered Heterocyclic Rings Fused to Benzene.
Heterocycles Fused to Two Benzene Rings.
Heterocycles Fused to Other Heterocyclic Rings.
Cross Index of Compounds.