Strategies for Successful Writing: A Rhetoric, Research Guide, Reader and Handbook / Edition 8by James A. Reinking, Robert Von Der Osten
Pub. Date: 12/28/2006
Written in a clear, engaging style, this 3-in-1 volume combines three booksa rhetoric, a research guide, and a readerinto one convenient learning/reference tool. The Rhetoric section presents a full range of writing strategies, along with chapters on paragraphs, sentences, style, and three specialized types of writing, and in-depth chapters on planning and drafting, as well as revising and editing a paper. The Research Guide section includes three comprehensive chapters on the research process. The Reader section contains forty-four essays that illustrate the different writing strategies and display a wide variety of styles, tones, and themes. (The book is available in an alternate versionwith a convenient Handbook section.) For anyone wanting an all-in-one resource for learning or reviewing rhetorical writing strategies.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.50(w) x 9.20(h) x 1.10(d)
Table of Contents
2. Planning and Drafting Your Paper.
3. Revising and Editing Your Paper.
4. Narration: Relating Events.
5. Description: Presenting Impressions.
6. Process Analysis: Explaining How.
7. Illustration: Making Yourself Clear.
8. Classification: Grouping into Categories.
9. Comparison: Showing Relationships.
10. Cause and Effect: Explaining Why.
11. Definition: Establishing Boundaries.
12. Argument: Convincing Others.
13. Mixing the Writing Strategies.
15. Effective Sentences.
16. Diction, Tone, Style.
17. The Essay Examination.
18. Writing About Literature.
19. Business Letters and Résumés.
21. Documenting Sources.
22. Additional Research Strategies: Interviews, Questionnaires, Direct Observations.
Rhetorical Table of Contents.
CAUSE AND EFFECT.
MIXING THE WRITING STRATEGIES.