Strategies for Successful Writing: A Rhetoric, Research Guide, Reader, and Handbook / Edition 6by James A. Reinking, Andrew W. Hart, Robert von der Osten
Written in a clear, engaging style, this 4-in-1 volume combines four booksa rhetoric, a research guide, a reader, and a handbookinto one convenient learning/reference tool. The Rhetoric section presents a full range of writing strategies, along with chapters on paragraphs, sentences, style, and three specialized types of writing, and/u>/b>/i>… See more details below
Written in a clear, engaging style, this 4-in-1 volume combines four booksa rhetoric, a research guide, a reader, and a handbookinto one convenient learning/reference tool. The Rhetoric section presents a full range of writing strategies, along with chapters on paragraphs, sentences, style, and three specialized types of writing, and in-depth chapters on planning and drafting, as well as revising and editing a paper. The Research Guide section includes three comprehensive chapters on the research process. The Reader section contains forty-four essays that illustrate the different writing strategies and display a wide variety of styles, tones, and themes. The Handbook section offers easy access to the major elements of grammar, punctuation, and mechanics, and includes a unit on spelling and a glossary of word usage. (The book is available in an alternate versionwithout the Handbook section.) For anyone wanting an all-in-one resource for learning or reviewing rhetorical writing strategies.
- Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.52(w) x 9.25(h) x (d)
Table of Contents
2. Planning and Drafting Your Paper.
3. Revising and Editing Your Paper.
4. Narration: Relating Events.
5. Description: Presenting Impressions.
6. Process Analysis: Explaining How.
7. Illustration: Making Yourself Clear.
8. Classification: Grouping into Categories.
9. Comparison: Showing Relationships.
10. Cause and Effect: Explaining Why.
11. Definition: Establishing Boundaries.
12. Argument: Convincing Others.
13. Mixing the Writing Strategies.
15. Effective Sentences.
16. Diction, Tone, Style.
17. The Essay Examination.
18. Writing About Literature.
19. Business Letters and Résumés.
21. Documenting Sources.
22. Additional Research Strategies: Interviews, Questionnaires, Direct Observations.
Rhetorical Table of Contents.
CAUSE AND EFFECT.
MIXING THE WRITING STRATEGIES.
Thematic Table of Contents.
Editing to Correct Sentence Errors.
Editing to Correct Faulty Punctuation and Mechanics.
Glossary of Word Usage.
Full Edition with Handbook: