- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Strategies of Qualitative Inquiry, Third Edition, the second volume in the paperback version of The SAGE Handbook of Qualitative Research, 3rd Edition, consists of Part III of the handbook (“Strategies of Inquiry”).
Strategies of Qualitative Inquiry, Third Edition presents the major tactics-historically, the research methods-that researchers can utilize in conducting concrete qualitative studies. The chapter topics range from performance ethnography to case studies, issues of ethnographic representation, grounded theory strategies, testimonies, participatory action research, and clinical research.
Key Feature of the Third Edition
• Contains a new Reader's Guide prepared by the editors that helps students and researchers navigate through the chapters, locating the different methodologies, methods, techniques, issues, and theories relevant to their work.
• Presents an abbreviated Glossary of terms that offer students and researchers a ready resource to help decode the language of qualitative research.
• Offers recommended Readings that provide readers with additional sources on specific topic areas linked to their research.
This text is designed for graduate students taking classes in social research methods and qualitative methods as well as researchers throughout the social sciences and in some fields within the humanities.
Preface - Norman K. Denzin and Yvonna S. Lincoln
1. Introduction: The Discipline and Practice of Qualitative Research - Norman K. Denzin and Yvonna S. Lincoln
2. The Practice and Politics of Funded Qualitative Research - Julianne Check
3. Performance Ethnography: The Reenacting and Inciting of Culture - Bryant Keith Alexander
4. Qualitative Case Studies - Robert E. Stake
5. The Observation of Participation and the Emergence of Public Ethnography - Barbara Tedlock
6. Interpretive Practice and Social Action - James A. Holstein and Jaber F. Gubrium
7. Grounded Theory in the 21st Century: Applications for Advancing Social Justice Studies - Kathy Charmaz
8. Critical Ethnography as Street Performance: Reflections of Home, Race, Murder, and Justice - D. Soyini Madison
9. Testimonio, Subalternity, and Narrative Authority - John Beverley
10. Participatory Action Research: Communicative Action and the Public Sphere - Stephen Kemmis and Robin Mc Taggart
11. Clinical Research - William L. Miller and Benjamin F. Crabtree Reader's Guide Suggested Readings Author Index Subject Index About the Editors