Anders Pehrsson is a Professor in the School of Management and Economics, Vaxjo University. He is the author of International Strategies on Telecommunications: models and applications (Routledge, 1996)
Strategy in Emerging Markets: Telecommunications Establishments in Europeby Anders Pehrsson
This book focuses on strategy in emerging
Markets which have been previously out-of-reach for companies other than monopolies or other protected firms, are increasingly being opened up to new entrants. Greater competitive pressure implies that more sophisticated business strategies must be formulated by all companies cooperating in emerging markets.
This book focuses on strategy in emerging telecommunications markets in a liberalized Europe, particularly in the UK and Sweden. The book provides:
* a literature review and applications of strategy concepts and key correlations
* applications of a market establishment model and the strategic states model
* a description of competition amongst telecom operators in the UK and Sweden
* detailed case-studies of strategies of telecom operators in Europe
* the identification of patterns and processes valid for emerging markets in general.
Whilst the industry focus in the book is telecommunications, the framework and the models explored and developed provide guides to strategy formulation irrespective of the market under consideration.
Strategy in Emerging Markets will make valuable reading for strategy researchers, students and for corporate strategists. It will be of particular interest to those wishing to plot recent developments in the telecommunications industry.
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews