From the bestselling author of the Strong Women series-an indispensable resource for a strong and pain-free back.
In this accessible guide, trusted women's health author and exercise physiologist Miriam E. Nelson presents the information every woman needs to know to maintain a healthy back. Complete with clear explanations, practical advice, and lively anecdotes from women who have benefited from this simple and effective program, this book reveals:
- The most common causes of back pain in women
- How stress and other emotional factors play a key role
- A straightforward exercise program to improve flexibility, strength, and aerobic fitness-designed specifically for women
- What you need to know to create a back-friendly home and office
- Explanations of the medical options available-and how to know when they might be necessary