Structural Analysis / Edition 4by Russell C. Hibbeler, R. C. Hibbeler
Pub. Date: 12/18/1998
Publisher: Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference
This book provides students with a clear and thorough presentation of the theory and application of structural analysis as it applies to trusses, beams, and frames. Emphasis is placed on teaching students to both model and analyze a structure. A hallmark of the text, Procedures for Analysis, has been retained in this fourth edition to provide students with a logical, orderly method to follow when applying theory.
- Features exceptional illustrations, photographs, and design elements to enhance the realism of examples, homework problems, and explanations.
- Includes Procedures for Analysis in most sections of the text, along with example problems illustrating the procedures, to provide a logical, method for students to follow when applying the theory presented in each section.
- Depicts realistic engineering situations that students are likely to encounter in practice.The problems are clearly illustrated to show the necessary geometric relations and loads.
- Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.28(w) x 9.58(h) x 1.33(d)
Table of Contents1. Types of Structures and Loads.
2. Analysis of Statically Determinate Structures.
3. Analysis of Statically Determinate Trusses.
4. Internal Loadings Developed in Structural Members.
5. Cables and Arches.
6. Influence Lines for Statically Determinate Structures.
7. Approximate Analysis of Statically Indeterminate Structures.
9. Analysis of Statically Indeterminate Structures by the Force Method.
10. Displacement Method of Analysis: Slope-Deflection Equations.
11. Displacement Method of Analysis: Moment Distribution.
12. Analysis of Beams and Frames Consisting of Nonprismatic Members.
13. Truss Analysis Using the Stiffness Method.
14. Beam Analysis Using the Stiffness Method.
15. Plane Frame Analysis Using the Stiffness Method.
Appendix A: Matrix Algebra for Structural Analysis.
Appendix B: The STRAN 4 Computer Model.
Answers to Selected Problems.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >