Structured Exercises for Promoting Family and Group Strengths: A Handbook for Group Leaders, Trainers, Educators, Counselors, and Therapistsby Terry S Trepper, Glen H Jennings, Ronnie Mcmanus
This handbook for professionals presents an array of techniques for teaching and reinforcing social skills for successful relationships. It contains over 70 new structured exercises that can be used to help individuals, dyads, families, and groups become happier in their relationships. The exercises come complete with step-by-step instructions for easy use. Structured Exercises for Promoting Family and Group Strengths is a goldmine of resources for group leaders and counselors. You can use it in planning and conducting workshops and retreats or for working with individuals or families in counseling. The book saves you time and energy as each exercise is accompanied by suggestions for procedures, variations, and trainer's notes. The exercises, which have all been field tested with a variety of audiences, are grouped into six broad categories:
- Icebreakers introduce people to the subject of group dynamics and to each other in a workshop setting.
- Assessors help people assess relationships and gain insight for constructive change.
- Dyad/couple discussion starters facilitate communication and open dialogue for dyads who find themselves in dysfunctional situations.
- Group/family discussion starters strengthen communication within groups or families and increase understanding of how the group functions.
- Enhancers aid in the development of positive regard of self and others.
- Energizers perk up the group or family when fatigue occurs.
- Taylor & Francis
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 1 MB
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >