Struggle for Democracy, The, Books a la Carte Edition / Edition 10by Edward S. Greenberg, Benjamin I. Page
Pub. Date: 01/03/2011
Updated in a new 10th edition, The Struggle for Democracy challenges students to think critically about American government and to evaluate the quality of democracy in America within a unique framework that offers a holistic view of our system. Its critical thinking approach to politics, features, and narrative are designed to teach students to look closely and question logically about the American political process.
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.40(w) x 10.70(h) x 1.00(d)
Table of Contents
I. INTRODUCTION: MAIN THEMES
1. Democracy and American Politics
2. The Constitution
3. Federalism: States and Nation
4. The Structural Foundations of American Government and Politics
III. POLITICAL LINKAGE
5. Public Opinion
6. The News Media
7. Interest Groups and Business Corporations
8. Social Movements
9. Political Parties
10. Voting, Campaigns, and Elections
IV. GOVERNMENT AND GOVERNING
12. The Presidency
13. The Executive Branch
14. The Courts
V. WHAT GOVERNMENT DOES
15. Civil Liberties: The Struggle for Freedom
16. Civil Rights: The Struggle for Political Equality
17. The Budget and Economic Policies
18. Social Safety Nets
19. Foreign Policy and National Defense
The Declaration of Independence.
The Constitution of the United States.
The Federalist Papers Nos. 10, 51, and 78.
Presidents and Congresses, 1789–2010.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >