- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
*NEW textbook design! Based on student and instructor surveys the focal points of this revision were design, teachability, and a much more student-friendly format.
*UPDATED reading selections! The readings were replaced based on user surveys, readability, and student interest. New readings appear in chapters 5, 8, and 9.
*NEW testing cassette! The new testing cassette accompanies the Instructor's Resource Manual and works with the listening comprehension sections of the print test banks.
*NEW text-specific Web site! This site will reinforce the outstanding cultural presentation of the textbook.
*NEW text-specific video program! The video enhances the language functions and culture of the textbook.
*UPDATED to reflect the National Standards for Foreign Language Learning! The Standards are organize into five goal areas: Communication, Cultures, Connections, Comparisons, and Communities. Working in collaboration with professional organizations such as the American Association of Teachers of French (AATF), among others, ACTFL launched the National Standards in its 1996 volume, Standards for Foreign Language Learning: Preparing for the 21stCentury.
A process-writing approach. Students use this approach to write their composition assignments, helping them to brainstorm vocabulary, create plans, and write and revise drafts.
Contrastive approach to culture. Proficiency in French is built through the use of authentic materials and tasks, as well as through interactive activities
A two-step grammar presentation. Grammaire de base quickly reviews grammar points generally covered in first-year French courses, and Structure explains and practices new grammar points
NEW! Text-specific Video Program (VHS) 0-03-029063-5
NEW! Instructor's Resource Manual with Testing Cassette 0-03-028918-1
NEW! Instructor's Web site
Student Text w/Listening CD 0-03-028933-5
Student Activities Manual (WBK/LAB) 0-03-028958-0
NEW! Lab Manual Audio CDs 0-03-028971-8
Lab Manual Cassettes 0-03-028984-X
NEW! World Wide Web Site
2. Passage vers la communication: Perspectives interculturelles.
3. Acces a la formation de l'esprit: L'enseignement.
4. Perspectives sur l'exil: L'immigration et l'assimilation.
5. Revelations audiovisuelles: Les medias et les valeurs.
6. Cles de la vie politique: Identites ethniques et nationales.
7. Regards sur la diversite: Conflits linguistiques et culturels.
8. Fenetre ouverte sur les paysages: Villes et campagnes.
9. Portes ouvertes ou fermees?: Differences de classe.
10. Ouvertures permanentes: contacts entre les cultures.