- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Focus on Grammar features:
Ships from: acton, MA
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Focus on Grammar features:
The Focus on Grammar series is a five-level course, Introductory through Advanced.
I. THE VERB BE: PRESENT AND PAST.
1. The Present Affirmative of Be.
2. The Present Negative of Be.
3. The Present of Be: Yes/No Questions.
4. The Past Tense of Be. Past Time Markers.
II. NOUNS, ADJECTIVES, AND PREPOSITIONS. THE PRESENT PROGRESSIVE.
5. Count Nouns. A/An.
6. Descriptive Adjectives.
7. Prepositions of Place.
8. Present Progressive.
III. WH- QUESTIONS. POSSESSIVES. PREPOSITIONS OF TIME.
9. Questions with Who, What, and Where.
10. Possessive Nouns and Possessive Adjectives. Questions with Whose.
11. Questions with When and What + Noun. Prepositions. Ordinal Numbers.
12. Questions with Who, Whom, and Why. Wh- Questions and the Present Progressive.
IV. THE SIMPLE PRESENT TENSE.
13. Simple Present Tense: Affirmative and Negative Statements.
14. Simple Present Tense: Yes/No Questions and Short Answers.
15. Simple Present Tense: Wh- Questions.
16. Simple Present Tense and This/That/These/Those.
17. Simple Present Tense and One/Ones and It.
V. THE SIMPLE PAST TENSE.
18. Simple Past Tense: Regular Verbs--Affirmative and Negative Statements.
19. Simple Past Tense: Irregular Verbs--Affirmative and Negative Statements.
20. Simple Past Tense: Yes/No and Wh- Questions.
VI. IMPERATIVES. SUGGESTIONS. THERE IS/THERE ARE.
21. Imperatives. Suggestions with Let's, Why Don't We...? Why Don't You...?
22. Subject and Object Pronouns. Direct and Indirect Objects.
23. There Is/There Are/Is There...?/Are There...?
24. Numbers,Quantifiers, and Questions with How Many...?
VII. REVIEW OF THE SIMPLE PRESENT TENSE AND THE PRESENT PROGRESSIVE.
25. Present and Present Progressive. How Often...? Adverbs and Expressions of Frequency.
26. Non-Action Verbs.
27. Verbs Plus Nouns, Gerunds, and Infinitives.
28. Possessive Adjectives and Possessive Pronouns.
VIII. REVIEW OF THE SIMPLE PAST TENSE. NEGATIVE QUESTIONS. THE FUTURE.
29. Review of the Simple Past Tense. Negative Questions.
30. Wh- Questions in the Simple Past Tense.
31. Be Going to for the Future. Future and Past Time Markers.
32. Will for the Future.
IX. NOUNS, ARTICLES, AND QUANTIFIERS. MODALS I.
33. Count and Non-Count Nouns and Quantifiers.
34. Questions with Any/Some/How Much/How Many. Quantifiers. Containers.
35. Can and Could for Ability and Possibility. May I, Can I, and Could I for Polite Requests.
36. May or Might for Possibility.
37. Desires, Invitations, Requests: Would Like, Would You Like...? Would You Please...?
X. COMPARISONS. THE PAST PROGRESSIVE.
38. Comparative Form of Adjectives.
39. Adverbs of Manner and Comparative Forms of Adverbs.
40. Adjective + Enough. Too/Very. As + Adjective/Adverb + As.
41. The Past Progressive.
XI. MODALS II. THE SUPERLATIVE.
42. Should, Shouldn't, Ought to, Had Better, and Had Better Not.
43. Have to, Don't Have to, Must, Mustn't.
44. Superlative Form of Adjectives and Adverbs.
XII. PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER.
Review of Verb Tenses and Modals.
Review of Verb Tenses and Comparisons.
Review of Verb Tenses, Nouns, and Quantifiers.
Appendix 1. Map of the World.
Appendix 2. Map of the United States and Canada.
Appendix 3. Numbers; Temperatures; Months; Days; Seasons; Titles
Appendix 4. Time.
Appendix 5. Parts of the Body; Medical Problems.
Appendix 6. Holidays in the United States and Canada.
Appendix 7. Plural Nouns; Spelling and Pronunciation Rules.
Appendix 8. Possessive Nouns.
Appendix 9. Non-count Nouns and Names of Containers.
Appendix 10. The Definite Article.
Appendix 11. Verb Tense.
Appendix 12. Base Forms and Past-Tense Forms of Common Irregular Verbs.
Appendix 13. The Present Progressive; Spelling Rules.
Appendix 14. The Simple Present Tense; Spelling and Pronunciation Rules.
Appendix 15. The Simple Past Tense; Spelling and Pronunciation Rules.
Appendix 16. Comparisons with Adjectives and Adverbs.
Appendix 17. Modals.
Appendix 18. Pronunciation Table.