|UNIT 1||ASSESSMENT OF THE WHOLE PERSON|
|1||Assessment for Health and Illness|
|2||Developmental Tasks and Health Promotion Across the Life Cycle|
|3||Transcultural Considerations in Assessment|
|5||The Complete Health History|
|6||Mental Status Assessment|
|UNIT 2||PHYSICAL EXAMINATION|
|8||Assessment Techniques and Approach to the Clinical Setting|
|9||General Survey, Measurement, Vital Signs|
|10||Skin, Hair, and Nails|
|11||Head and Neck, Including Regional Lymphatics|
|14||Nose, Mouth, and Throat|
|15||Breasts and Regional Lymphatics|
|16||Thorax and Lungs|
|17||Heart and Neck Vessels|
|18||Peripheral Vascular System and Lymphatic System|
|23||Anus, Rectum, and Prostate|
|25||The Pregnant Female|
|UNIT 3||INTEGRATION OF THE HEALTH ASSESSMENT|
|26||The Complete Health,Assessment: Putting It All Together|
|27||Critical Thinking in Health, Assessment|
|A-1/A-2||Recommended Childhood Immunization Schedules|
|B||Recommended Dietary Allowances|
|C||Pattern of Normal Prenatal Weight Gain|
|D/E||Selected Percentiles of Triceps Skinfold Thickness|
|F||Upper Arm and Upper Arm Muscle Circumferences|
|I||Sample Growth Charts, for Girls and Boys|
|J-1||Assessment of Gestational Age|
|J-2||Classification of Newborns|
|K-1/K-2||Blood Pressure Levels for Girls and Boys|
Student Laboratory Manual for Physical Examination & Health Assessment / Edition 6by Carolyn Jarvis
Pub. Date: 04/21/2011
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Whether you are a beginning examiner or an advanced-practice student, this book holds the content you need to develop and refine your clinical skills. Physical Examination and Health Assessment, Third Edition continues to be a comprehensive textbook on methods for recording health histories, physical examination skills, health promotion techniques, and clinical assessment tools. This text presents a firm foundation in these subjects and continues to be an excellent clinical reference.
New to the Third Edition:
- All chapters are revised and updated, with expanded coverage in anatomy and physiology, as well as new nutrition screening tools, newborn assessments for gestational age, tympanic membrane-thermometer measurements, classification of hypertension with risk stratification and treatment, pulse oximetry, and 12-minute distance walk to measure functional status.
- A new chapter, The Pregnant Female, describes the physiologic adaptation of a woman's body to pregnancy, the history and physical examination throughout pregnancy, and the important abnormal findings to consider.
- Abnormal Findings Tables, located at the end of the chapters, are fully revised with more than 100 new full color photographs of abnormalities.
- Transcultural Considerations are revised and updated in each chapter, including new content on age of onset of puberty and incidence of coronary heart disease and prostate cancer.
- Full color art of more than 68 new illustrations shows shapes of skin lesions, head and neck overlays, lactation disorders, thorax configurations, tactile fremitus abnormalities, and joint abnormalities.
- Examination illustrations contain more than 60 new full-color photographs.
- Chapter bibliographies are thoroughly updated to include the best of clinical practice readings as well as basic science research and nursing research, with an emphasis on scholarship from the last five years.
- Physical Examination skills continue to be refined as the clinician notes what works in his or he own setting and then validates it through research.
- Assessment video critical thinking questions are included in each body system chapter. These chapters provide a connection to the Saunders Physical Examination and Health Assessment Video Series, which is developed from this textbook.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
Table of Contents
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews