Student Resource Manual with Toolkit to Accompany Nursing Research / Edition 8by Cheryl Tatano Beck
Pub. Date: 06/01/2007
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
This Resource Manual with its accompanying "Toolkit" CD-ROM is a study guide that provides abundant research tools unlike any on the market! The Resource Manual provides exercises corresponding to each chapter from Polit and Beck's Nursing Research, with a focus on critiquing actual studies. Students will find such comprehensive assets as 11 complete/b>
This Resource Manual with its accompanying "Toolkit" CD-ROM is a study guide that provides abundant research tools unlike any on the market! The Resource Manual provides exercises corresponding to each chapter from Polit and Beck's Nursing Research, with a focus on critiquing actual studies. Students will find such comprehensive assets as 11 complete research reports covering a range of nursing research endeavors; full critiques of two systematic reviews providing models for a comprehensive research critique; and a never-before-published funded NINR grant application.
The free accompanying Toolkit CD-ROM offers dozens of resources for conducting research that can be downloaded and used directly or adapted. The resources reflect best-practice research material, most of which has been pre-tested and refined in the authors' own research, including such tools as: templates for wording research questions; informed consent forms; a confidentiality pledge for research staff; literature review protocols; content validity forms; and much, much more.
Table of Contents
- PART 1 Foundations of Nursing Research and Evidence-Based Practice 1 Introduction to Nursing Research in an Evidence-Based Practice Environment 2 2 Translating Research Evidence Into Nursing Practice: Evidence-Based Nursing 3 Generating Evidence: Key Concepts and Steps in Qualitative and Quantitative Research
- PART 2 Conceptualizing a Study to Generate Evidence for Nursing 4 Conceptualizing Research Problems, Research Questions, and Hypotheses 5 Finding and Critiquing Evidence: Research Literature Reviews 6 Developing a Theoretical or Conceptual Context 7 Generating Research Evidence Ethically
- PART 3 Designing a Study to Generate Evidence for Nursing 8 Planning a Nursing Study 9 Developing an Approach for a Qualitative Study 10 Designing Quantitative Studies 11 Enhancing Rigor in Quantitative Research 12 Undertaking Research for Specific Purposes 13 Developing a Sampling Plan
- PART 4 Collecting Research Data 14 Designing and Implementing a Data Collection Plan 15 Collecting Unstructured Data 16 Collecting Structured Data 17 Assessing Measurement Quality in Quantitative Studies 18 Developing and Testing Self-Report Scales
- PART 5 Analyzing and Interpreting Research Data 19 Analyzing Qualitative Data 20 Enhancing Quality and Integrity in Qualitative Research 21 Describing Data Through Statistics 22 Using Inferential Statistics to Test Hypotheses 23 Using Multivariate Statistics to Analyze Complex Relationships 24 Designing a Quantitative Analysis Strategy: From Data Collection to Interpretation
- PART 6 Building an Evidence Base for Nursing Practice 25 Integrating Research Evidence: Meta-Analysis and Metasynthesis 26 Disseminating Evidence: Reporting Research Findings 27 Writing Proposals to Generate Evidence
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >