Student Workbook for Clinical Practice of the Dental Hygienist / Edition 3by Charlotte J. Wyche, Esther M. Wilkins
Pub. Date: 01/31/2012
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Designed to accompany the Eleventh Edition of Lippincott Williams & Wilkins’ cornerstone textbook Clinical Practice of the Dental Hygienist, this workbook reinforces all the important dental hygiene concepts that you are learning. Moreover, it provides plenty of opportunities to put these concepts into practice. You’ll gain a solid command of all the… See more details below
Designed to accompany the Eleventh Edition of Lippincott Williams & Wilkins’ cornerstone textbook Clinical Practice of the Dental Hygienist, this workbook reinforces all the important dental hygiene concepts that you are learning. Moreover, it provides plenty of opportunities to put these concepts into practice. You’ll gain a solid command of all the assessment, planning, treatment, communication, and documentation skills needed to succeed as a dental hygienist.
Each section of the workbook lists the American Dental Education Association competencies it covers. Each chapter and the summary exercises for each section contain an assortment of the following engaging skill builders:
- Knowledge Exercises ask you to define key terms, concepts, and principles, and to answer questions based on information presented in the text to ensure mastery of basic principles.
- Crossword Puzzles and Word Searches are fun ways to reinforce terminology.
- Competency Questions help you bridge learning into practice by encouraging you to apply your knowledge to analyze assessment data, create care plans, and document patient care.
- Discovery Activities ask you to enhance the basic knowledge you have gained through study of the textbook by finding and analyzing professional sources of current, evidence-based information.
- Questions Patients Ask require you to reflect on the use of evidence-based decision-making skills to address patient concerns.
- Everyday Ethics activities challenge you to resolve real ethical dilemmas faced by practicing dental hygienists.
- Factors To Teach the Patient help you develop conversations with patients, using motivational interviewing techniques and patient-appropriate language.
- For Your Portfolio suggestions encourage you to reflect on your growth as a dental hygiene professional by developing a portfolio that highlights your talents, special skills, and competencies; this will come in handy for employment interviews or graduate education applications.
By successfully completing the exercises in this student workbook, you’ll feel confident in your ability to manage the broad range of issues that arise in dental hygiene practice.
Designed to accompany Wilkins' Clinical Practice of the Dental Hygienist, this workbook helps the student review and assess their understanding of the concepts and skills presented in the text. The workbook contains a variety of exercise types to engage and motivate the student.
- Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.30(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.90(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >