- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This volume offers the final 1923 version of the text in a newly corrected and uncensored form; it contains the complete surviving 1918-19 text of the essays of the English Review period, including two previously unpublished essay versions; it offers five previously unpublished essays from 1919, as well as a host of other materials (for example, four different versions of Lawrence's pioneering essay on Whitman are included).
1. The Spirit of Place
2. Benjamin Franklin
3. Hector St. John de Crevecoeur
4. Fenimore Cooper's White Novels
5. Fenimore Cooper's Leatherstocking Novels
6. Edgar Allan Poe
7. Nathaniel Hawthorne and The Scarlet Letter
8. Hawthorne's Blithedale Romance
9. Dana's Two Years Before the Mast
10. Herman Melville's Typee and Omoo
11. Herman Melville's Moby Dick
Posted October 21, 2009
No text was provided for this review.