Study Guide for Introduction to Clinical Pharmacology / Edition 7by Marilyn Winterton Edmunds
Pub. Date: 02/15/2012
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Get the most out of your textbook with this helpful study tool! Corresponding to the chapters in Introduction to Clinical Pharmacology, 8th Edition, by Marilyn Edmunds, this study guide offers a rich variety of learning resources to help you master nursing pharmacology and medication safety. Worksheets in each chapter include review questions, along with/i>… See more details below
Get the most out of your textbook with this helpful study tool! Corresponding to the chapters in Introduction to Clinical Pharmacology, 8th Edition, by Marilyn Edmunds, this study guide offers a rich variety of learning resources to help you master nursing pharmacology and medication safety. Worksheets in each chapter include review questions, along with math review, dosage calculation exercises, and research and critical thinking activities emphasizing clinical decision-making and prioritization.
- Correlation to the Introduction to Clinical Pharmacology textbook and Evolve resources reinforces key safety content such as drug interactions, allergic reactions, adverse drug responses, care of the older adult, and cultural considerations.
- Review sheets help you remember common measures, formulas, and difficult concepts.
- A variety of learning activities includes short answer, matching, multiple-choice, multiple-select, math review, dosage calculation, and critical thinking exercises.
- Answers for all activities and questions may be found on the Evolve companion website.
- Blank medication cards allow you to fill in important drug information to take along to clinicals.
- Learning objectives and cross references to related materialsare provided at the beginning of each chapter.
- NEW!Increased emphasis oncritical thinking, clinical decision-making, and prioritizationencourages you to apply your knowledge with new research and practice application activities at the end of every chapter.
- NEW!Updated questions and activities reflect the new content and emphases in the Edmunds textbook, Introduction to Clinical Pharmacology, 8th Edition.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Study Guid
- Product dimensions:
- 8.40(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.40(d)
Table of Contents
Unit One: General Principles of Pharmacology
1. Pharmacology and the Nursing Process in LPN Practice
2. Patient Teaching and Health Literacy
3. Legal Aspects Affecting the Administration of Medications
4. Foundations and Principles of Pharmacology
5. Lifespan and Cultural Modifications
6. Self-Care: Over-the-Counter Products, Herbal Therapies, and Drugs for Health Promotion
Unit Two: Principles of Medication Administration
7. Review of Mathematical Principles
8. Mathematical Equivalents Used in Pharmacology
9. Calculating Drug Dosages
10. Preparing and Administering Medications
Unit Three: Drug Groups
11. Allergy and Respiratory Medications
12. Antiinfective Medications
13. Antivirals, Antiretrovirals, and Antifungal Medications
14. Antineoplastic Medications
15. Cardiovascular and Renal Medications
16. Central and Peripheral Nervous System Medications
17. Medications for Pain Management
18. Antiinflammatory, Musculoskeletal, and Antiarthritis Medications
19. Gastrointestinal Medications
20. Hematologic Products
21. Hormones and Steroids
22. Immunologic Medications
23. Topical Medications
24. Vitamins and Minerals
Inside back cover quick-reference resources: The Joint Commission Official Do Not Use List, Must-Know Drugs, Do-Not-Confuse Drugs
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >