- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Get more practice with medical assisting competencies and test your critical thinking skills! Designed to reinforce your understanding of Kinn’s The Administrative Medical Assistant: An Applied Learning Approach, 8th Edition by Alexandra P. Adams, this study guide offers a complete review of content and a wide range of exercises to help you master CAAHEP and ABHES competencies and prepare for your career in medical assisting.
• A variety of exercises test your knowledge and critical thinking skills, including vocabulary review, multiple choice, fill in the blank, and true/false questions.
• The most current content and competencies associated with CAAHEP and ABHES are included, such as emergency preparedness, patient education, and documentation.
• Procedure checklists allow you to tear out each sheet and submit to your instructor for evaluation.
• Additional exercises enhance learning with skills and concepts, word puzzles, case studies, workplace applications, and Internet activities.
• Work documentation proves to your instructor and to accrediting organizations that you have completed each competency.
• UPDATED coverage of the Electronic Health Record ensures that you are familiar with the technology you'll use on the job.
• UPDATED content reflects revisions to the Kinn’s The Administrative Medical Assistant, 8th Edition textbook.
• Expanded coverage of emergency preparedness helps you meet specific CAAHEP and ABHES requirements.
Introduction 1. Becoming a Successful Student 2. The Healthcare Industry Unit One: Introduction to Medical Assisting 3. The Medical Assisting Profession 4. Professional Behavior in the Workplace 5. Interpersonal Skills and Human Behavior 6. Medicine and Ethics 7. Medicine and Law Unit Two: Administrative Medical Assisting 8. Computer Concepts 9. Telephone Techniques 10. Scheduling Appointments 11. Patient Reception and Processing 12. Office Environment and Daily Operations 13. Written Communications and Document Processing Unit Three: Health Information in the Medical Office 14. The Paper Medical Record 15. The Electronic Medical Record 16. Health Information Management 17. Privacy in the Physician's Office Unit Four: Billing and Coding Procedures 18. Basics of Diagnostic Coding 19. Basics of Procedure Coding 20. Basics of Health Insurance 21. The Health Insurance Claim Form 22. Professional Fees, Billing, and Collecting Unit Five: Financial and Practice Management 23. Banking Services and Procedures 24. Management of Practice Finances 25. Medical Practice Management and Human Resources 26. Medical Practice Marketing and Customer Service Unit Six: Assisting with Medical Specialties 27. Emergency Preparedness and Assisting with Medical Emergencies Unit Seven: Career Development 28. Career Development and Life Skills Procedure Checklist English-Spanish Terms