This guide enhances understanding of the theory and applications presented in Kinn's The Medical Assistant: An Applied Learning Approach, 10th Edition. Specially designed to parallel material in the book, this helpful study guide provides in-depth study and review of the most important medical assisting concepts and skills. Each chapter is filled with pedagogical features that help enhance the teaching and learning experience, including chapter outlines and learning objectives, as well as relevant material focusing on personal qualities, skills, responsibilities, types of patient education, and legal/ethical issues.
• A variety of exercises test content knowledge and critical thinking skills, including vocabulary review, multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blank, and true/false questions.
• End of chapter quizzes test understanding of concepts presented in the entire chapter.
• Procedure Checklists for every procedure covered in the main text. Students can tear out the checklists and provide to the instructor for evaluation.
• English-Spanish terms help bilingual students master key content.
• The most current content and competencies associated with CAAHEP and ABHES, including IV Therapy, Patient Education, and Documentation.
• Cross references from the Connections theme in each chapter of the main text to relevant exercises in study guide.
• Additional exercises, such as Skills & Concepts, Word Puzzles, Case Studies, Work Applications, and Internet Activities enhance the learning experience.