Study Guide for Medical-Surgical Nursing: Assessment and Management of Clinical Problems / Edition 9by Sharon L. Lewis, Shannon Ruff Dirksen, Linda Bucher
Pub. Date: 12/16/2013
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Prepare for success in the classroom! Corresponding to the chapters in the 10th edition of Lewis' market-leading text Medical-Surgical Nursing: Assessment and Management of Clinical Problems, this study guide offers a complete review of content and a wide range of activities to help you understand key nursing concepts. Alternate item format questions/i>
- Elsevier Textbook Sale
Prepare for success in the classroom! Corresponding to the chapters in the 10th edition of Lewis' market-leading text Medical-Surgical Nursing: Assessment and Management of Clinical Problems, this study guide offers a complete review of content and a wide range of activities to help you understand key nursing concepts. Alternate item format questions reflect the most current NCLEX test plan. And to make studying easier, answers for all exercises are included in the back of the book.
- A wide variety of clinically relevant exercises and activities , including NCLEX examination-style multiple-choice questions, prioritization and delegation questions, and case studies, help you learn the material.
- Answers to all questions in the back of the book provide you with immediate feedback as you study.
- Additional alternate item format questions prepare you for the most current NCLEX exam.
- NEW! Attractive four-color design ties the study guide to the textbook.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.54(w) x 10.70(h) x 0.99(d)
Table of Contents
Section One - Concepts in Nursing Practice
1. Professional Nursing Practice 2. Health Disparities and Culturally Competent Care 3. Health History and Physical Examination 4. Patient and Caregiver Teaching 5. Chronic Illness and Older Adults 6. Stress and Stress Management 7. Sleep and Sleep Disorders 8. Pain 9. Palliative Care at End of Life 10. Substance Abuse
Section Two - Pathophysiologic Mechanisms of Disease 11. Inflammation and Wound Healing 12. Genetics and Genomics 13. Altered Immune Responses and Transplantation 14. Infection 15. Cancer 16. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Imbalances
Section Three - Perioperative Care
17. Preoperative Care 18. Intraoperative Care 19. Postoperative Care Section Four - Problems Related to Altered Sensory Input
20. Assessment of Visual and Auditory Systems 21. Visual and Auditory Problems 22. Assessment of Integumentary System 23. Integumentary Problems 24. Burns
Section Five - Problems of Oxygenation: Ventilation
25. Assessment of Respiratory System 26. Upper Respiratory Problems 27. Lower Respiratory Problems 28. Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases
Section Six - Problems of Oxygenation: Transport
29. Assessment of Hematologic System 30. Hematologic Problems
Section Seven - Problems of Oxygenation: Perfusion
31. Assessment of Cardiovascular System 32. Hypertension 33. Coronary Artery Disease and Acute Coronary Syndrome 34. Heart Failure 35. Dysrhythmias 36. Inflammatory and Structural Heart Disorders 37. Vascular Disorders
Section Eight - Problems of Ingestion, Digestion, Absorption, and Elimination
38. Assessment of Gastrointestinal System 39. Nutritional Problems 40. Obesity 41. Upper Gastrointestinal Problems 42. Lower Gastrointestinal Problems 43. Liver, Pancreas, and Biliary Tract Problems
Section Nine - Problems of Urinary Function
44. Assessment of Urinary System 45. Renal and Urologic Problems 46. Acute Renal Failure and Chronic Kidney Disease
Section Ten - Problems Related to Regulatory and Reproductive Mechanisms
47. Assessment of Endocrine System 48. Diabetes Mellitus 49. Endocrine Problems 50. Reproductive System 51. Breast Disorders 52. Sexually Transmitted Infections 53. Female Reproductive Problems 54. Male Reproductive Problems
Section Eleven - Problems Related to Movement and Coordination
55. Assessment of Nervous System 56. Acute Intracranial Problems 57. Stroke 58. Chronic Neurologic Problems 59. Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia 60. Spinal Cord and Peripheral Nerve Problems 61. Assessment of Musculoskeletal System 62. Musculoskeletal Trauma and Orthopedic Surgery 63. Musculoskeletal Problems 64. Arthritis and Connective Tissue Diseases
Section Twelve - Nursing Care in Specialized Settings
65. Critical Care 66. Shock, Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome, and Multiple Organ Dysfunction Syndrome 67. Respiratory Failure and Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome 68. Emergency, Terrorism, and Disaster Nursing Answer Key
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
This study guide was a great supplement for my Nursing of the Adult tests. It is a good way to review and test your knowledge after studying. It follows along well with the actual Medical-Surgical Nursing textbook. I think it was only like $26, definitely worth the money, especially if your professor pulls questions directly from it :)
This has been a great study tool for all the nursing tests. i would recomend that if your school uses the med surge book that you pick this study guide up too. Its especially helpfull because it provides the rationale for each answer. It has really helped prepare me for all my exams.