- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: acton, MA
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
This essential study guide is completely updated to reflect the evidence-based focus and fresh content of the 7th edition of Nursing Research. It provides chapter-by-chapter review and a variety of innovative learning activities to help you strengthen your critical appraisal and research application skills.
• Introduction and Learning Outcomes help you focus on key content.
• Content Mastery Activities such as fill-in-the-blank, matching, and multiple-choice questions, word scramble exercises, crossword puzzles, and critical thinking activities help you apply essential concepts.
• Critique Activities refer to research studies from the textbook and challenge you to critique various aspects of the research.
• Web-Based Activities direct you to online sources of information to practice appraising research found on the Internet.
• Evidence-Based Practice Activities at the end of each chapter reinforce the importance of using research evidence in clinical practice.
• An Answer Key at the back of the study guide allows you to check your answers for immediate performance feedback.
Incl. experimental designs/ sampling/legal, ethical issues/data collection methods/etc.
|Using Research to Improve Patient Care|
|1||The Role of Research in Nursing||3|
|2||The Scientific Approach to the Research Process||33|
|3||The Evolution of Research: From Science to Practice||55|
|Using Research in the Care of Patients|
|4||Overview of the Research Process||91|
|5||The Literature Review||109|
|6||The Theoretical Framework||142|
|7||Research Problems and Hypotheses||160|
|8||Introduction to Design||192|
|9||Experimental and Quasiexperimental Designs||212|
|11||Qualitative Approaches to Research||253|
|13||Legal and Ethical Issues||313|
|14||Data Collection Methods||344|
|15||Reliability and Validity||365|
|16||Descriptive Data Analysis||385|
|17||Inferential Data Analysis||404|
|18||Analysis of the Findings||424|
|Using Research in Practice|
|19||Evaluating Quantitative Research Studies||441|
|20||Evaluating the Qualitative Research Report||481|
|App. A: The Abdomen, Thigh, and Arm as Sites for Subcutaneous Sodium Heparin Injections||514|
|App. B: Coping and Adaptation in Children with Diabetes||522|
|App. C: Types and Meanings of Caring Behaviours Among Elderly Nursing Home Residents||534|