- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Master the content from your textbook with this helpful study tool! Corresponding to the chapters in Pathophysiology: The Biologic Basis for Disease in Adults and Children, 7th Edition, by Kathryn McCance and Sue Huether, this study guide offers practical activities to help you review and remember basic pathophysiology. Interactive questions make it easier to understand disease etiology and disease processes, and help you apply your knowledge to clinical practice.
• 43 case scenarios provide real-world examples showing how you can apply and integrate knowledge.
• Answer key may be found in the back of the study guide, allowing you to check your answers and evaluate your progress.
• UPDATED! More than 2,650 questions include question types such as: Match these Definitions, Choose the Correct Words, Complete these Sentences, Categorize these Clinical Examples, Explain the Pictures, Describe the Difference, Teach these People about Pathophysiology, and many more.
• NEW! An interactive format is used for all questions, helping you to understand and master the content - not just memorize the key facts.
• NEW! Teach these People about Pathophysiology questions challenge you to answer questions that patients might ask in real-life practice.
• NEW! Nearly 70 illustrations from McCance and Huether’s Pathophysiology textbook are used in selected question types.
PART ONE: CENTRAL CONCEPTS OF PATHOPHYSIOLOGY: CELLS AND TISSUES
Unit I: The Cell
1. Cellular Biology
2. Altered Cellular and Tissue Biology
3. The Cellular Environment: Fluids and Electrolytes, Acids and Bases
Unit II: Genes and Gene-Environment Interaction
4. Genes and Genetic Diseases
5. Genes, Environment-Lifestyle, and Common Diseases
6. Epigenetics and Disease NEW!
Unit III: Mechanisms of Self-Defense
7. Innate Immunity: Inflammation
8. Adaptive Immunity
9. Alterations in Immunity and Inflammation
11. Stress and Disease
Unit IV: Cellular Proliferation: Cancer
12. Cancer Biology
13. Cancer Epidemiology
14. Cancer in Children
PART TWO: PATHOPHYSIOLOGIC ALTERATIONS: ORGANS AND SYSTEMS
Unit V: The Neurologic System
15. Structure and Function of the Neurologic System
16. Pain, Temperature Regulation, Sleep, and Sensory Function
17. Alterations in Cognitive Systems, Cerebral Hemodynamics, and Motor Function
18. Disorders of the Central and Peripheral Nervous Systems and the Neuromuscular Junction
19. Neurobiology of Schizophrenia, Mood Disorders, and Anxiety Disorders
20. Alterations of Neurologic Function in Children
Unit VI: The Endocrine System
21. Mechanisms of Hormonal Regulation
22. Alterations of Hormonal Regulation
Unit VII: The Reproductive Systems
23. Structure and Function of the Reproductive Systems
24. Alterations of the Female Reproductive System
25. Alterations of the Male Reproductive System
26. Sexually Transmitted Infections
Unit VIII: The Hematologic System
27. Structure and Function of the Hematologic System
28. Alterations of Erythrocyte Function
29. Alterations of Leukocyte, Lymphoid, and Hemostatic Function
30. Alterations of Hematologic Function in Children
Unit IX: The Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems
31. Structure and Function of the Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems
32. Alterations of Cardiovascular Function
33. Alterations of Cardiovascular Function in Children
Unit X: The Pulmonary System
34. Structure and Function of the Pulmonary System
35. Alterations of Pulmonary Function
36. Alterations of Pulmonary Function in Children
Unit XI: The Renal and Urologic Systems
37. Structure and Function of the Renal and Urologic Systems
38. Alterations of Renal and Urinary Tract Function
39. Alterations of Renal and Urinary Tract Function in Children
Unit XII: The Digestive System
40. Structure and Function of the Digestive System
41. Alterations of Digestive Function
42. Alterations of Digestive Function in Children
Unit XIII: The Musculoskeletal System
43. Structure and Function of the Musculoskeletal System
44. Alterations of Musculoskeletal Function
45. Alterations of Musculoskeletal Function in Children
Unit XIV: The Integumentary System
46. Structure, Function, and Disorders of the Integument
47. Alterations of the Integument in Children
Unit XV: Multiple Interacting Systems
48. Shock, Multiple Organ Dysfunction Syndrome, and Burns in Adults
49. Shock, Multiple Organ Dysfunction Syndrome, and Burns in Children
Posted February 13, 2010
This book is easy to read, interesting, and holds your attention. Great reference or resource for students or professionals.For students, the study guide s an excellent tool! I enjoyed browsing through the book and reading different sections other than those assigned by my instructor.
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted September 20, 2013
I had so much information to review for my graduate pathophysiology class and limited time so I bought this review booklet. It has helped so much! There are memory tips with streamlined graphs and rewiew questions. The only thing this book could use would be to have the rational for the anwers provided for the review quizes not just the correct answer.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.