- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Specially designed to parallel material in Pharmacology for the Surgical Technologist, 2nd Edition, this helpful new study guide provides in-depth study and review of the most important facts and information on pharmacology for surgical technologists.
• Over 25 review questions (primarily multiple-choice) for each chapter focus on recall, application, and critical thinking-type exercises.
• Multiple-choice Chapter Quizzes and Unit Quizzes provide additional practice.
• Flash cards provide review of both key terms/definitions and common medications/category.
• Worksheets for completing drug profiles utilize the Mosby's Essential Drugs for Surgical Technologiest to expand understanding of all drugs presented.
Unit 1 Introduction to Pharmacology
1. Basic Pharmacology
2. Medication Development, Regulation & Resources
3. Basic Mathematics
4. Medication Administration
Unit 2 Applied Surgical Pharmacology
6. Diagnostic Agents
9. Drugs that Affect Coagulation
10. Ophthalmic Agents
11. Fluids and Irrigations
12. Antineoplastic Agents
Unit 3 Anesthesia
13. Preoperative Medications
14. Patient Monitoring, Local & Regional Anesthesia
15. General Anesthesia
16. Emergency Situations