- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This student study guide contains a variety of exercises specifically designed to reinforce content presented in the textbook. Chapter worksheets feature more than 1,800 study questions, 160 drug calculation and dosage problems, and case-based critical thinking exercises. Like the Kee text, the study guide features a strong nursing focus and comprehensive coverage of drug dosage calculations, including numerous sample drug labels.
• Over 1,800 study questions reinforce textbook concepts and prepare you for the NCLEX® examination.
• An extensive section of drug calculation problems helps you master important dosage calculation methods.
• Case-based critical thinking exercises enhance your understanding of nursing responsibilities in drug therapy.
• Sample drug labels familiarize you with the labels you will encounter in clinical practice.
• A basic math review appendix provides a helpful review of key mathematics concepts.
• Answers for all exercises are included to facilitate self-study.
• Thoroughly updated content corresponds to the Kee text, including a new chapter on medication safety.
• Additional NCLEX® examination-style review questions reflect an increased focus on alternate item-format questions.
• Approximately 100 new prioritization activities provide practice in identifying key nursing actions.
UNIT ONE: A Nurse's Perspective of Pharmacology
UNIT TWO: Drug Calculations
Section 5A: Systems of Measurement with Conversion
Section 5B: Methods for Calculation
Section 5C: Calculations of Oral Dosages
Section 5D: Calculations of Injectable Dosages
Section 5E: Calculations of Intravenous Fluids
Section 5F: Pediatric Drug Calculations
UNIT THREE: Contemporary Issues in Pharmacology
UNIT FOUR: Nutrition and Electrolytes
UNIT FIVE: Autonomic Nervous System Agents
UNIT SIX: Neurologic and Neuromuscular Agents
UNIT SEVEN: Pain and Inflammation Management Agents
UNIT EIGHT: Psychiatric Agents
UNIT NINE: Antibacterial Agents
UNIT TEN: Antiinfective Agents
UNIT ELEVEN: Immunologic Agents
UNIT TWELVE: Antineoplastic Agents
UNIT THIRTEEN: Respiratory Agents
UNIT FOURTEEN: Cardiovascular Agents
UNIT FIFTEEN: Gastrointestinal Agents
UNIT SIXTEEN: Eye, Ear, and Skin Agents
UNIT SEVENTEEN: Endocrine Agents
UNIT EIGHTEEN: Reproductive and Gender-Related Agents
UNIT NINETEEN: Emergency Agents
Appendix A: Basic Math Review
Appendix B: Prototype Drug Chart
Posted September 26, 2012
No text was provided for this review.