- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
|This text teaches both undergraduate and advanced students to master the basic cognitive skills necessary to succeed in history courses.|
1. Getting Started: The Big Picture.
I. DIFFERENT KINDS OF HISTORY.
2. The Nature of History Today.
3. Varieties of History.
II. MANAGING YOUR ENERGY, TIME, AND MIND.
4. Motivation: Finding Your Energy.
III. THINKING LIKE A HISTORIAN.
6. The Historian as Detective.
7. The Historian as Judge.
8. The Historian as Lawyer.
IV. STUDY STRATEGIES FOR LEARNING HISTORY.
9. Reading Strategies.
10. Learning from Lectures.
11. Getting the Most Out of Discussion.
V. EXAMS AND PAPERS.
12. Preparing for and Taking Exams.
13. Exam Questions.
14. Writing Papers.
Glossary. @CONTENTSEND =