Sturdevant's Art and Science of Operative Dentistry / Edition 5by Theodore Roberson
Pub. Date: 04/13/2006
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
This comprehensive text presents a detailed, heavily illustrated, step-by-step approach to restorative and preventive dentistry. It draws from both theory and practice, and is supported by extensive clinical and laboratory research. Based upon the principle that dental caries is a disease, not a lesion, the book provides both a thorough understanding of caries and… See more details below
This comprehensive text presents a detailed, heavily illustrated, step-by-step approach to restorative and preventive dentistry. It draws from both theory and practice, and is supported by extensive clinical and laboratory research. Based upon the principle that dental caries is a disease, not a lesion, the book provides both a thorough understanding of caries and an authoritative approach to its treatment and prevention. Now offering a companion Evolve website, this new edition has been updated to address the latest developments in an ever-changing field.
• Comprehensive coverage of operative dentistry includes fundamentals, diagnosis, instrumentation, preparation, restoration, and prevention, all within a single volume.
• Up-to-date information covers insurance, safety, and infection control, based on the latest reports and guidelines from organizations such as OSHA and ADA.
• A clear, consistent presentation describes each restorative process in a linear pattern: initial clinical procedures, tooth preparation, and then restorative technique.
• Procedural alternatives include multiple approaches to problems wherever applicable, teaching how to adapt a procedure or technique to answer individual patient needs.
• Pros and cons of restoration options include advantages, disadvantages, indications, and contraindications for restorations.
• A course-based presentation of topics follows that of many operative dentistry courses, making students' absorption of content stronger and more efficient.
• 2,550 illustrations include 700 high-quality half-tones and line drawings - more illustrations than any other operative dentistry text.
• Full-color clinical photos illustrate important concepts - such as coloration and shading on both natural teeth and prostheses.
• Computer assisted design and computer assisted machining (CAD/CAM) is incorporated into the practice of operative dentistry and related to techniques.
• Esthetic dentistry instruction is included for this increasingly popular area.
• Chapter outlines begin each chapter and highlight important topics.
• Extensive references direct readers to current resources available for additional research.
• A revised organization groups chapters into five sections, so that locating specific chapters or topics is easier and more efficient:
1. Fundamentals of Operative Dentistry 2. Instrumentation and Preparation 3. Composite Restorations 4. Amalgam Restorations 5. Metal Restorations
• Procedural Boxes offer step-by-step guides to important procedures, with each step accompanied by a corresponding image.
• A companion Evolve website features:
• Approximately 10 audio/video clips illustrating operative techniques and procedures
• A full-color image collection from the text
• Links to related content and additional information available on the Internet
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.90(w) x 10.90(h) x 1.50(d)
Table of Contents
Part 1: Fundamentals of Operative Dentistry
Chapter 1: Introduction to Operative Dentistry
Chapter 2: Clinical Significance of Dental Anatomy, Histology, Physiology, and Occlusion
Chapter 3: Cariology: The Lesion, Etiology, Prevention, and Control
Chapter 4: Biomaterials
Chapter 5: Fundamental Concepts of Enamel and Dentin Adhesion
Chapter 6: Fundamentals in Tooth Preparation
Part 2: Instrumentation and Preparation
Chapter 7: Instruments and Equipment for Tooth Preparation
Chapter 8: Infection Control
Chapter 9: Patient Assessment, Examination and Diagnosis, and Treatment Planning
Chapter 10: Preliminary Considerations for Operative Dentistry
Part 3: Composite Restorations
Chapter 11: Introduction to Composite Restorations
Chapter 12: Classes III, IV, and V Direct Composite and Other Tooth-Colored Restorations
Chapter 13: Classes I, II, and VI Direct Composite and Other Tooth-Colored Restorations
Chapter 14: Classes I and II Indirect Tooth-Colored Restorations
Chapter 15: Additional Conservative Esthetic Procedures
Part 4: Amalgam Restorations
Chapter 16: Introduction to Amalgam Restorations
Chapter 17: Classes I, II, and VI Amalgam Restorations
Chapter 18: Classes III and V Amalgam Restorations
Chapter 19: Complex Amalgam Restorations
Part 5: Metal Restorations
Chapter 20: Class II Metal Restorations
Chapter 21: Direct Gold Restorations
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >