- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
One option for revenue enhancement currently being pursued by many acute care hospitals is the conversion of unused acute care beds to hospital-based nursing facility beds. Earlier release (shortened length of stay), higher reimbursement rates, and lower fixed costs are some of the major benefits of establishing a subacute hospital-based unit. This book will take you step by step through the process of consideration and implementation, from feasibility studies to physician education through operational details.
"...takes readers step-by-step through the process of consideration and implementation, from feasibility studies to physician education through operational details."
Contents: Introduction to the Hospital-Based Nursing Facility
• Determining Demands and Evaluation of Regulatory Issues for a Hospital-Based Nursing Facility
• Preopening Physical Plant Preparation
• Evaluating the Establishment of a Hospital-Based Nursing Facility Based on Financial Considerations
• Preparing the Certificate-of-Need Application for a Hospital-Based Nursing Facility
• Implementing a Hospital-Based Nursing Facility and Creating the Proper Environment
• Medicare Skilled Care Eligibility
• Evaluating and Auditing a Hospital Based Nursing Facility To Ensure Success
• Obtaining Relief from the Medicare Routine Cost Limitation