- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
How to design buildings that heat with the sun, cool with the wind, light with the sky, and move into the future using on-site renewable resources
Developed for rapid use during schematic design, this book clarifies relationships between form and energy and gives designers tools for designing sustainably. It also:
* Applies the latest passive energy and lighting design research
* Organizes information by architectural elements at three scales:
* building groups, individual buildings, and building parts
* Brings design strategies to life with examples and practical design tools
* 109 analysis techniques and design strategies
* More than 750 illustrations, sizing graphs, and tables
* Both inch-pound and metric units
1st Edition Preface.
Climate as a Context.
Program and Use.
Form and Envelope.
Combining Climate, Program, and Form.
Electric and Hot Water Loads.
STRATEGIES FOR SUPPLEMENTING PASSIVE SYSTEMS.
Appendix A: Climate Data by Latitude/City.
Appendix B: Additional Climate Data.
Appendix C: Abbreviations and Units Conversions.