Supply Chain Management: Strategy, Planning, and Operationby Sunil Chopra
Pub. Date: 06/28/2010
Publisher: Pearson Custom Publishing
For advanced undergraduate and MBA courses in Supply Chain Management. This book brings together the strategic role of the supply chain, key strategic drivers of supply chain performance, and the tools and techniques for supply chain analysis. Every chapter gives suggestions that managers can use in practice and all methodologies are illustrated with an application in Excel. Fully updated material keeps the book on the forefront of supply chain management. Distribution networks (Chapter 4); Sourcing (Chapter 13), discusses different sourcing activities including supplier assessment, supplier contracts, design collaboration, and procurement; Price and revenue management (Chapter 15); Early coverage of designing the supply chain networkafter developing a strategic framework, readers can discuss supply chain network design in Chapters 5 and 6 and then move on to demand, supply, inventory, and transportation planning; Information Technology in the Supply Chain (Chapter 17). For business professionals managing the supply chain.
- Pearson Custom Publishing
- Publication date:
Table of ContentsI. BUILDING A STRATEGIC FRAMEWORK TO ANALYZE SUPPLY CHAINS.
1. Understanding the Supply Chain.
2. Supply Chain Performance: Achieving Strategic Fit and Scope.
3. Supply Chain Drivers and Obstacles.
II. DESIGNING THE SUPPLY CHAIN NETWORK.
4. Designing the Distribution Network in a Supply Chain.
5. Network Design in the Supply Chain.
6. Network Design in an Uncertain Environment.
III. PLANNING DEMAND AND SUPPLY.
7. Demand Forecasting in a Supply Chain.
8. Aggregate Planning in the Supply Chain.
9. Planning Supply and Demand in the Supply Chain: Managing Predictable Variability.
IV. PLANNING AND MANAGING INVENTORIES IN A SUPPLY CHAIN.
10. Managing Economies of Scale in the Supply Chain: Cycle Inventory.
11. Managing Uncertainty in the Supply Chain: Safety Inventory.
12. Determining Optimal Level of Product Availability.
V. SOURCING, TRANSPORTING, AND PRICING PRODUCT.
13. Sourcing Decisions in a Supply Chain.
14. Transportation in the Supply Chain.
15. Pricing and Revenue Management in the Supply Chain.
VI. COORDINATION AND TECHNOLOGY IN THE SUPPLY CHAIN.
16. Coordination in the Supply Chain.
17. Information Technology and the Supply Chain.
18. e-business and the Supply Chain.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
for anyone - whether you be focused on operations, a general manager, brand manager, retail manager, or just interested in business, this book helps identify the key components of a supply chain to align strategically to your business. highly recommended.