Supporting Children with Communication Difficulties in Inclusive Settings: School-Based Language Intervention / Edition 2by Linda McCormick, Diane Frome F. Loeb, Richard L. Schiefelbusch, K. Satchidananda Murty
Pub. Date: 08/08/2002
This book is written especially for language interventionists and special education teachers who work on collaborative teams in public settings. This book teaches an innovative service delivery model where parents and professionals share expertise and responsibility to maximize and support language and communicative competence in classrooms with wide ability, cultural, racial/ethnic, linguistic, and economic diversity. It provides step-by-step directions and hands-on activities to give students practice in applying the procedures. The writing is clear and does not assume that the reader has had previous courses or knowledge in speech-language intervention. The content offers a solid foundation in basic procedures for classroom-based intervention for all children with language and communication difficulties. For professionals working in the fields of audiology, speech-language pathology, and deaf education.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.00(w) x 8.97(h) x 0.70(d)
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Language Acquisition.
2. Language Theory and Practice.
Diane Frome Loeb.
3. Characteristics of Students with Language and Communication Difficulties.
Linda McCormick and Diane Frome Loeb.
4. Working with Families.
5. Policies and Practices.
6. Diagnostic and Descriptive Assessment.
Diane Frome Loeb.
7. Ecological Assessment and Planning.
8. Language Intervention and Support.
9. Language Intervention with Infants and Toddlers.
Ken M. Bleile and Becky Trenary.
10. Language Intervention in the Inclusive Preschool.
11. Children with Culturally Diverse Backgrounds.
Betty H. Bunce.
12. Special Needs of Students with Severe Disabilities.
Mary Jo Noonan and Ellin Siegel-Causey.
13. Supporting Augmentative and Alternative Communication.
Linda McCormick and Jane Wegner.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >