- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
A Guide For Managers Of Team-Based Organizations
One of few books to address the management issues of team-basedcompanies, this work shows how to build an organizationalinfrastructure conducive to superior team performance. The workdispenses with the usual one-model-fits-all approach to identifysix distinct types of teams-production, service, management,project, action, and advisory'and explain in detail how to design,implement, and manage the unique systems, policies, and practicesthat support each. The contributors-all leading consultants andresearchers-draw from important case studies to present the bestmanagement practices of team-based organizations. Covers everynuance from management structuring to team staffing to informationsystems. Even shows how to create a physical facility that's rightfor teams.
Part One: Laying the Foundation for High-Performance WorkTeams.
1. The Challenges of Supporting Work Team Effectiveness.
2. Organizing Teams for Success.
3. Selection and Staffing for Team Effectiveness.
Part Two: Leading, Training, Measuring, and Rewarding Teams.
4. The Roles of Leaders in High-Performance Teams.
5. Training for Team Effectiveness.
6. Measurement and Feedback Systems for Teams.
7. Creating Effective Pay Systems for Teams.
Part Three: Infrastructure for Team Effectiveness.
8. Information Technology and High-Performance Teams.
9. Communication Technologies for Traditional and VirtualTeams.
10. Facility Design for High-Performance Teams.
Part Four: Best Management Practices for High-PerformanceTeams.
11. Supporting Work Team Effectiveness: Best Practices.