Surgical Anatomy and Techniques to the Spine: Expert Consult - Online and Printby Daniel H. Kim
Featuring an expanded focus on in-demand endoscopic and minimally invasive spine procedures, Surgical Anatomy and Techniques to the Spine, 2nd Edition pairs new anatomic photographs and radiographic images with expertly rendered color illustrations and clear, step-by-step descriptions to help you effectively perform all of the latest and/i>/b>/b>/b>
Featuring an expanded focus on in-demand endoscopic and minimally invasive spine procedures, Surgical Anatomy and Techniques to the Spine, 2nd Edition pairs new anatomic photographs and radiographic images with expertly rendered color illustrations and clear, step-by-step descriptions to help you effectively perform all of the latest and most effective spine surgery techniques. A multidisciplinary approach makes this medical reference book relevant and informative to all surgeons regardless of their specialty or level of surgical experience with the spine.
• Proceed with confidence. An atlas-style format featuring clear, concise, step-by-step descriptions of the anatomy and procedures along with clinical hints and pearls, tables, and management algorithms provideing swift answers and trusted guidance.
• Sharpen your surgical acumen with a deeper understanding of the anatomy of the surgical target and related anatomy. Comprehensive information on cervical, cervical/thoracic, thoracic/lumbar, lumbar spine, lumbar/pelvis, and other surgical locations ensures the best approaches to spine surgery and results.
• Understand the spine from all angles with multiple-viewpoint, full-color photographs, and illustrations.
• Master surgical anatomy of the spine and the latest minimally invasive techniques. Sweeping revisions and updates-including 22 new chapters-provide new and expanded coverage of spine surgery procedures and topics such as surgical management in gunshot wound to the spine, vertebroplasty, and kyphoplasty.
• Visualize every step of each procedure thanks to new anatomic photographs and radiographic images, corresponding with expertly rendered illustrations which more in-depth than ever before.
• Access the entire text and illustrations online, fully searchable, at Expert Consult.
With over 60 additional contributors.
Description: This update of a book on surgical anatomy, surgical approaches, and surgical techniques for the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine also includes access to an online version. The previous edition was published in 2006.
Purpose: The purpose is to incorporate the extensive developments in the field that have occurred since the first edition, with 22 new chapters and new anatomic photographs and radiographic images.
Audience: The audience is adult and pediatric spine surgeons, both in neurosurgery and orthopedic surgery, in training and in practice. The book is the work of six editors and 145 contributors from around the world.
Features: The 73 chapters are grouped into nine sections, from A to J. Sections A to E cover the various regions of the spine, from the craniovertebral, to cervical, cervicothoracic and thoracic, thoracolumbar and lumbar, and, finally, lumbar sacral and pelvic. Sections F to J cover specific spinal disorders including spine deformity, tumors and vascular lesions, inflammatory disease, infection, and miscellaneous. Each chapter is organized under headings for surgical anatomy, detailed surgical approaches, and clinical implications. There is an abundance of diagrams and anatomical photos with cadaveric dissections, and the imaging studies are correlated with human anatomy. Each surgical approach is described, from positioning and operating room setup to each surgical step, with explicit color photos and anatomical illustrations. All approaches are well described, including ventral, lateral, and dorsal. The standard and minimally invasive microscopic and endoscopic and arthroplasty spinal approaches are detailed. Reconstructive spinal surgery and approaches to difficult regions are covered, including the craniocervical, thoracic, and pelvic regions. The surgical indications for established spinal diseases are explained, such as degenerative disc disease, spinal deformity, spinal fractures, and spinal tumors. In addition, surgery for ankylosing spondylitis and gunshot wounds are described. Each chapter ends with an updated reference list.
Assessment: With this book and its online component, readers will easily develop a three-dimensional, step-by-step view of the various surgical approaches. Also, with the emphasis on the clinical implications of each surgical approach and explanations of the spinal disorder being treated, readers will get to know the opinions of various experts about the surgical approaches.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.60(w) x 11.10(h) x 1.40(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >