Surgical Techniques of the Shoulder, Elbow, and Knee in Sports Medicine: Expert Consult - Online and Printby Brian J. Cole
Surgical Techniques of the Shoulder, Elbow, and Knee in Sports Medicine presents you with a step-by-step approach on performing both open and arthroscopic surgeries for sports-related injuries. This medical reference book offers all of the expert guidance you need on everything from patient positioning and the latest orthopaedic surgery/b>/b>/i>
Surgical Techniques of the Shoulder, Elbow, and Knee in Sports Medicine presents you with a step-by-step approach on performing both open and arthroscopic surgeries for sports-related injuries. This medical reference book offers all of the expert guidance you need on everything from patient positioning and the latest orthopaedic surgery techniques, through pearls and pitfalls and post-operative care. An international group of contributors equips you with a worldwide perspective on the most recent orthopaedic advances, making Surgical Techniques of the Shoulder, Elbow, and Knee in Sports Medicine your go-to digest of today's common procedures.
• Ensure optimal outcomes from each shoulder, elbow and knee procedure with this orthopaedic surgery text's consistent, step-by-step approach, coupled with numerous tips, pearls, pitfalls, and images gleaned from surgeons specializing in sports injuries.
• Apply the latest open and arthroscopic techniques, including arthroscopic rotator cuff repair and hamstring and allograft ACL reconstruction.
• Access the full text and expanded surgical video collection online at Expert Consult.
• Broaden your knowledge base with contributions from rising international orthopaedic and sports medicine authorities, who offer a global perspective on today's most common techniques including rotator cuff procedures, shoulder and knee instability, and athletic throwing arm issues.
• Confidently interpret state-of-the-art diagnostic studies with help from a brand-new chapter on sports medicine imaging for each treated joint.
• See for yourself how key techniques are performed with an expanded online surgical video collection covering Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair: Double Row Techniques; Arthroscopic Repair of Multidirectional Instability of the Shoulder; Ulnar Collateral Ligament Repair and Reconstruction: DANE Technique; Double Bundle Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction; and Management of Proximal Tibiofibular Instability.
Description: The advances in surgical techniques in the field of sports medicine are constant and if a book is to continue to be a go-to reference, the publisher and authors need to make a conscious effort to provide timely updates. This second edition, coming five years after the first, fulfills that obligation and more with improvements in imaging, online access, and up-to-date techniques presented by key leaders in the field.
Purpose: The overarching goal of this book is to deliver a resource that would teach proper decision-making and surgical techniques while using an efficient presentation so that readers could make optimal use of their time in honing their knowledge and skills. Each chapter, although written by different authors, follows a similar template which gives readers the ability to approach the problem and create a solution regardless of the body part they must treat. To provide added depth and access, the authors have made liberal use of the online component of the book.
Audience: A broad range of users will find great value in this book. It will serve as a great reference in a personal or institutional library. Residents and fellows will find it an ideal go-to manual to learn decision-making, how to do procedures, and prepare for the next case. Well-established practitioners also will find it useful for fine-tuning current techniques and taking advantage of the wisdom of world-renowned experts in optimizing their skills, performance, and techniques.
Features: The book is divided into sections dedicated to the shoulder, the elbow, and the knee, all presented using a similar format. Important points, pearls, and pitfalls are summarized in a preface before each chapter. The figures and images are of the highest quality. Users will especially appreciate the convenience of web access, searchability, and the bonus videos available online.
Assessment: The authors have done a remarkable job with this second edition. The first edition was good, but the upgrades in this one make it a valuable addition to your library whether you have the first edition or not. I am confident that the copy in our resident library will be well used. I know mine will be.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.80(w) x 11.10(h) x 1.60(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >