Survival Guide for Anatomy & Physiology / Edition 1by Kevin T. Patton
Pub. Date: 11/22/2005
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
If you're looking for a compilation of must-know anatomy & physiology concepts plus tips on how to survive and pass this difficult course, this is the resource for you! This handbook is filled with illustrations and tables so that you have ready access to the information you need most. The 10 survival skills will help you study more effectively and prepare
If you're looking for a compilation of must-know anatomy & physiology concepts plus tips on how to survive and pass this difficult course, this is the resource for you! This handbook is filled with illustrations and tables so that you have ready access to the information you need most. The 10 survival skills will help you study more effectively and prepare for tests and quizzes. Every copy also includes a CD-ROM giving you access to an electronic coloring book so that you can color anatomical structures electronically or print them off for coloring and studying. All of these tools in one place make this a resource no A&P student should be without.
- Offers instruction for students on how to read their A&P textbook so that they can gain far greater comprehension.
- Provides ways to formulate analogies and mnemonic devices to help students remember A&P concepts more easily.
- Helps students determine their learning style so that they can study more effectively.
- Suggests specific test-taking strategies to help students prepare for and pass their exams.
- Features special sections on challenges facing returning learners, learners with disabilities, and students entering the laboratory setting for the first time.
- The Quick Reference section breaks down the subject of A&P into six major sections so that students can quickly find the information they need.
- Offers dozens of easy-to-read tables packed with all of the essential data that students need to remember in A&P.
- Includes a mini CD-ROM containing The Body Spectrum, an electronic anatomy coloring book featuring 80 detailed anatomyillustrations that the student can color online or print out to color and study offline.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.34(w) x 8.50(h) x 0.54(d)
Table of Contents
PART 1: Introduction to the Survival Skills
Survival Skill 1: Have a Winning Attitude
Survival Skill 2: Know Your Learning Style
Survival Skill 3: Know the Language
Survival Skill 4: Plan a Learning Strategy
Survival Skill 5: Arrange a Suitable Study Area
Survival Skill 6: Plan a Reading Strategy
Survival Skill 7: Analyze Your Note-Taking Skills
Survival Skill 8: Study Actively
Survival Skill 9: Use All Your Resources
Survival Skill 10: Prepare for Tests
Survival Skill 11: Use Test-Taking Strategies During and After a Test
Survival Skill 12: What To Do If You Get Lost
Special Survival Skills
- Learners with Special Needs
- Time Management Tools
- Returning Learners
- Using Flash Cards Effectively
- Using Your Digital Device to Study A&P
- Test Anxiety
- Climbing the Learning Pyramid
- English as a Second Language
- The Student Laboratory
PART 2: Maps, Charts, & Shortcuts, Special Survival Skills: Using Models and Analogies
1. The Body as a Whole
2. Support and Movement
3. Communication, Control, and Integration
4. Transportation and Defense
5. Respiration, Nutrition, and Excretion
6. Reproduction and Development
Common Word Parts
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >