Sustainable Solutions for Water Resources: Policies, Planning, Design, and Implementationby James L. Sipes
Why is water the environmental issue? The answer is simple: without it, life on this planet could not exist. Yet, despite this fact, reckless consumption practices from a growing population are drying up the Earth's already limited water resources. Other factors, such as/b>
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
Get the single-source solutions guide to the sustainable management of water resources.
Why is water the environmental issue? The answer is simple: without it, life on this planet could not exist. Yet, despite this fact, reckless consumption practices from a growing population are drying up the Earth's already limited water resources. Other factors, such as river and lake contamination, rising temperatures, and disproportionate geographic accessibility further contribute to the fresh water crisis. To confront this pressing concern, this enlightening guide, which covers over twenty case studies offering insights into real-world projects, uses a holistic, integrated approach to illustrate ways to preserve vital water supplies -- from green design remedies to encouraging greater personal responsibility. This book:
- Provides a basic overview of water resources, hydrology, current problems involving water resources, and the potential impact of global warming and climate change.
- Covers watershed planning, Best Management Practices, and potential design and planning solutions.
- Offers a concise overview of the issues affecting water use and management.
- Includes a full chapter dedicated to planning issues, and a full chapter covering site planning, design, and implementation.
Sustainable Solutions for Water Resources takes a practical approach to head off a global water catastrophe by offering sensible measures that can be put in place immediately to promote a clean, plentiful flow of the Earth's most precious resource.
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 26 MB
- This product may take a few minutes to download.
Meet the Author
James L. Sipes is Senior Associate with AECOM and the founding Principal of Sand County Studios. He is an award-winning landscape architect with more than twenty-five years of experience, and has written more than 300 articles for a variety of magazines, including frequent contributions to Landscape Architecture magazine.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >