Introduction: Projects, Projects, Projects.
PART 1: SYMBIAN IN CONTEXT.
1. At the heart of the smartphone revolution.
2. The big picture of a Symbian OS project.
3. Involving ISVs.
4. Twenty reasons why smartphones will win.
PART 2: THRIVING ON SCALE.
5. Managing large projects.
6. Managing defects.
7. Managing configurations.
8. Managing integration.
9. Managing interfaces.
10. Managing testing.
11. Managing tools.
12. Managing plans and change.
13. Managing uncertainty.
14. Simplifying smartphone projects.
PART 3: SYMBIAN'S DESIGN PHILOSOPHY.
15. Design goals for Symbian OS.
16. Designing for efficiency.
17. Designing for robustness.
18. Designing for usability.
19. Designing for longevity.
20. Designing for smartphones.
PART 4: HUMAN ASPECTS OF SMARTPHONE PROJECTS.
21. The essential role of the project manager.
22. The essential role of the support network.
23. The essential role of renewal.
Appendix 1: Annotated glossary of abbreviations.
Appendix 2: Selected bibliography.
Appendix 3: Acknowledgements.