System Design for Telecommunication Gatewaysby Alexander Bachmutsky
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
System Design for Telecommunication Gateways provides a thorough review of designing telecommunication network equipment based on the latest hardware designs and software methods available on the market. Focusing on high-end efficient designs that challenge all aspects of the system architecture, this book helps readers to understand a broader view of the system design, analyze all its most critical components, and select the parts that best fit a particular application. In many cases new technology trends, potential future developments, system flexibility and capability extensions are outlined in preparation for the longevity typical for products in the industry.
- Combines software and hardware aspects of the system design.
- Defines components and services supported by open-source and commercial basic and extended software platforms, including operating systems, middleware, security, routing, management layer and more.
- Focuses on disruptive technologies.
- Provides guidelines for developing software architectures based on multi-threaded, multi-process, multi-instance, multi-core, multi-chip, multi-blade and multi-chassis designs.
- Covers a number of advanced high-speed interconnect and fabric interface technologies and their commercial implementations.
- Presents different system form factors from compact pizza-box styles to medium and large bladed systems, including IBM BladeCenter, ATCA and microTCA-based chassis. Describes different mezzanine cards, such as PMC, PrPMC, XMC, AMC and others.
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 25 MB
- This product may take a few minutes to download.
What People are saying about this
Meet the Author
ALEX BACHMUTSKY has broad experience of almost 30 years in various areas of software development, software, hardware and system architecture, technology selection and evaluation, including wireless infrastructure, security, packet processing technologies, pattern recognition, networking, high availability and multimedia. At Nokia and later at Nokia Siemens Networks (NSN), Alex has been a Chief Architect for state-of-the-art high performance telecommunication gateways, from multi-chassis and multi-blade systems to pizza-box type devices integrating the latest available packet processing and system architectures. As a part of the Research and Technology Platform organization at NSN, he is continuously scouting for the newest and most promising hardware and software technologies, while actively influencing the next generation development of components and sub-systems in the area of high performance and highly scalable carrier grade data and control plane processing. The knowledge collected during this technology intelligence and evaluation work, together with extensive system design experience, became a foundation for this book.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >