Systems Development: A Project Management Approach / Edition 1by Raymond McLeod Jr., Eleanor Jordan
SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT: A PROJECT MANAGEMENT APPROACH by Mcleod and Jordan, provides thorough coverage of the entire system development life cycle. This text is intended to provide student teams with the methodologies and tools necessary to create a system for a real organization, or for a case problem based on a real development/b>… See more details below
SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT: A PROJECT MANAGEMENT APPROACH by Mcleod and Jordan, provides thorough coverage of the entire system development life cycle. This text is intended to provide student teams with the methodologies and tools necessary to create a system for a real organization, or for a case problem based on a real development challenge.
- A balanced coverage of each phase of the system development life cycle—covering construction and installation as thoroughly as analysis and design.
- A project management emphasis that describes the planning and control mechanism for each stage of systems development, and offers multiple project management tools.
- A blend of structured and object-oriented coverage, so that users can choose which methodology to emphasize.
- A running case that describes how a student team conducts a client project, with 48 examples of techniques.
- A robust, course-tested Web site that provides students with class notes, blank forms, self tests, and review topics, and materials relating to the client project.
- Classroom software that enables students to play the "What If" game in performing a cost-benefit analysis and estimating project costs.
- A complete set of templates that students can use to apply the systems concepts to their development projects.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.37(w) x 10.35(h) x 1.39(d)
Table of Contents
PART I . SYSTEMS FUNDAMENTALS
Case Study Installment 1
Forming the Client Project Team
Chapter 1. Introduction to Systems Development
Case Study Installment 2.
Managing the ASTA Project
Technical Module A
Technical Module B
Technical Module C
Chapter 2 . Systems Concepts
Chapter 3. Systems Development Methodologies
Technical Module D
Project Planning and Control
Technical Module E
Computer-Aided Software Engineering
PART II. SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT
Chapter 4. Primary Investigation
Technical Module F
Economic System and Project Justification
Case Study Installment 3
Analyzing the ASTA System
Chapter 5. Systems Analysis
Technical Module G
Evaluation of Systems Alernatives
Case Study Installment 4
Designing the ASTA System
Chapter 6. Systems Design
Technical Module H
Web and Graphical User Interface Design
Case Study Installment 5
Preliminary and Final Construction of the ASTA Stystem
Chapter 7. Preliminary Construction
Chapter 8. Final Construction
Chapter 9. System Test and Installation
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >