- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This book explores the new and rapidly developing area of tactical EMS, a special blend of prehospital care and military-style tactical operations encompassing field and wilderness medicine under austere and often hostile conditions. This is the first commercial book to focus on military medicine at the EMT/military medic level. Focusing on the unique prehospital problems facing tactical EMT's, the book covers wounds from conventional weapons as well as nuclear biologic, and chemical weapons. Medical evacuation, environmental medicine and triage as well as ambulatory care and topics unique to EMT's providing law enforcement medical support are also addressed. Medical information coders
The book contains predominantly black-and-white illustrations, with some two-color illustrations.
1. The Tactical Environment of Care.
2. Injury Mechanisms form Conventional Weapons.
3. Care of Ballistic and Missile Casualties.
4. Care of Blast and burn Casualties.
5. Care of Chemical Casualties.
6. Care of Biological Casualties.
7. Care of Nuclear Casualties.
8. Tactical Evacuation.
9. Evacuation Care.
10. Tactical Triage.
11. Tactical Environmental and Preventative Medicine.
12. Basics of tactical Ambulatory care.
13. Tactical Law Enforcement Medical Support.
Appendix A. Medications for the Tactical Environment.
Appendix B. Chemical Agent Protective Measures.
Appendix C. Fluid and medication Procedures.
Appendix D. Advanced Airway procedures.
Appendix E. manual Carry and Lift Procedures.