Tales of the Terminated: A Humorous Look at Life after a Layoutby Tami Cannizzaro
Is There Life After Being Laid Off? "We're sorry; your services are no longer needed." One of the most frightening phrases uttered in the corporate world and something that is hard to understand until it actually happens. Even though she tried to prepare for a layoff, Tami Cannizzaro discovered that what happens next is a unique journey. Stress, heartache, happiness, anger, sadness, boredom, loneliness, feeling less-than-successful are all emotions that follow the recently unemployed or underemployed around like a shadow. But Cannizzaro discovered there is another side to the story, a humorous side. Yes, funny things happen when you've been laid off.
This humorous and heartfelt book will help you discover the following:
• The similarities between interviewing and dating;
• A new perspective of managing your life without an office;
• Why dressing for success means never having to wear a tiara (unless you want to);
• How to avoid interview disasters;
• How to recover your identity in spite of your employment situation;
• That shopping and vacationing really do exist in the Land of Layoff.
Whether you have recently been laid off or you are a veteran in the Land of Layoff, Tales of the Terminated provides a glimpse into one woman's journey navigating through life after a layoff. Funny, at times poignant and always truthful, you will smile and laugh out loud as you realize you are not alone when the pink slip lands on your desk.
- Pink Dog Press
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 5.00(w) x 8.00(h) x 0.46(d)
- Age Range:
- 3 Months
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews