- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
"Mouthwatering . . . this book's a treat for eye and palate."—Metropolitan Home magazine
"Nobody makes a tamale quite like Sedler."—Ruth Reichl
Popular features of southwestern and Mexican cooking, tamales—little packages of corn masa dough—are quickly becoming one of America's favorite wrapped foods thanks to the genius of these three chefs. Tamales are inexpensive, easy to prepare, and highly versatile. Best of all, they can be made with all types of fillings and in limitless styles.
Try these tempting variations:
* Roasted Potato, Garlic, and Sun-Dried Tomato Tamales
* Asparagus and Hollandaise Tamales
* Caribbean Jerk Shrimp Tamales
* Lobster Newburg Tamales
* Smoked Salmon Tamales with Horseradish Crema
* Arroz con Pollo Tamales
* Chicken Tamales with Mole Poblano
* Coriander-Cured Beef Tamales with Barbecue-Onion Marmalade
* Lamb Tamales with Mint, Black Beans, and Blackened Tomato and Mint Salsa
* Mom's Apple Pie tamales
* Chocolate Bread Pudding Tamales
* And more than 100 other recipes
* After tasting these tantalizing recipes, you'll agree it's true that good things do come in small packages.
Notes on preparing Tamales.
Tamale Masa Dough and Tamale Base Recipes.
Poultry and Fowl Tamales.
Meat and Game Tamales.
Basic Recipes, Sauces, and Techniques.
List of Photographs.