- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
From Barnes & Noble
This desktop quick reference reviews the popular tool command scripting language Tcl and the associated graphical toolkit Tk. This quick reference includes basic commands and popular extensions. Designed for those familiar with Tcl/Tk, this reference focuses on productivity in supporting graphics, relational databases and object-oriented programming.
- This comprehensive reference covers core features of Tcl/Tk along with C language application programming interfaces.
- Covers the popular application 'Expect' along with object-oriented programming features [iner Tcl and iner Tk].
- Reviews graphical widgets and extensions including Extended Tcl (TclX) and BLT. It also covers popular Oracle and Sybase extensions for relational database support.
- This is an excellent desktop reference for an extensible scripting and graphics toolkit.
- This alphabetized reference not only contains command, parameters and options, but also explanations, notes and warnings of undesirable side effects and consequences. Each chapter covers a specific topic or extension to Tcl/Tk.
- The appendix lists additional online and in print resources for Tcl/Tk.
A good tutorial for Tcl/Tk is Graphical Applications with Tcl & Tk, Second Edition. An excellent publication for intermediate to advanced programmers is Effective Tcl/Tk Programming. A focused programming guide is