Guy Hart-Davis is the author of iMac Portable Genius, 3rd Edition, iLife '11 Portable Genius, and iWork ’09 Portable Genius.
Teach Yourself VISUALLY iMacby Guy Hart-Davis
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
Are you a visual learner? Do you prefer instructions that show you how to do something — and skip the long-winded explanations? If so, then this book is for you. Open it up and you'll find clear, step-by-step screen shots that show you how to tackle more than 165 iMac tasks. Each task-based spread covers a single technique, sure to help you get up and running on your iMac in no time.
You'll learn to:
- Set up your iMac and log in
- Connect to a network and go online
- Get up and running with OS X Lion
- Use email, iChat®, and FaceTime®
- Make movies and work with photos
Designed for visual learners
- Two-page lessons break big topics into bite-sized modules
- Succinct explanations walk you through step by step
- Full-color screen shots demonstrate each task
- Helpful sidebars offer practical tips and tricks
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
I've bought other books by this author, and found them to be a great resource. I have this book ordered. It went to print yesterday, 5/5/14, and is due to be be delivered. The review by bigdex doesn't really belong with this publication, as it was written almost 2 1/2 years before the publication date of the current book. You can't rate a book without seeing its cover, contents, or the box that it is shipped in.
Until they get it fixed don't purchase. When I informed them of the problem the lady said very nicely. It will take two weeks and she apologized. The two weeks has passed and nothing has changed. I learned that by attempting to read this book that Barns and Noble need an IT person.