Teacher-Student Relationships: Crossing into the Emotional, Physical, and Sexual Realmsby III, PhD, Zarra PhD, Ernest J.
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
Why are so many public school teachers, administrators, and coaches choosing to become romantically and sexually involved with teenage students and players? Since 2000, numbers of intimate relationships between teachers and students have skyrocketed. Teacher arrests are at all-time highs. Is there a correlation between these relationships and communication and social technologies? This book explores:
- What is driving those in public and private education to have romantic and sexual relationships with their students, and to jeopardize their careers, families, reputations, and freedom?
- What roles do communication and social technologies play in feeding teacher-student relationships?
- Who is protecting teenagers from predator-teachers and predator-coaches, in our schools?
- Is there a new phenomenon in schools: The Predator Teenage Student?
- What practical strategies can be put in place to protect teenagers from sexual predators on our campuses?
- The appropriate educational use of communication technologies on high school campuses.
Verdict The practical guidelines mostly boil down to common sense; however, the author illuminates the topic with neuroscientific research that stages a forum for a continued dialog.Julia M. Reffner, Fairport, NY
(c) Copyright 2013. Library Journals LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Media Source, Inc. No redistribution permitted.
- R&L Education
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 2 MB
Meet the Author
Ernest J. Zarra, III, Ph.D. currently teaches Advanced Placement and College Prep United States Government and Economics to seniors at the highly state-decorated and top-ranked Centennial High School in Bakersfield, California. Zarra has five earned degrees, and holds a Ph.D. in teaching and learning theory from the University of Southern California, with cognates in psychology and technology. He is an author, national conference presenter, a district professional development leader, and a member of several national honor societies.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews