Teachers, Schools, and Society: A Brief Introduction to Education / Edition 9by David M. Sadker, Zittleman
Pub. Date: 11/15/2009
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Higher Education
Combining the brevity of a streamlined Introduction to Education text with the support package of a much more expensive book, the brief edition of Teachers, Schools, and Society encourages experienced instructors to explore their own creativity while ensuring that newer faculty can teach the course with confidence. David Sadker’s and Karen/i>
Combining the brevity of a streamlined Introduction to Education text with the support package of a much more expensive book, the brief edition of Teachers, Schools, and Society encourages experienced instructors to explore their own creativity while ensuring that newer faculty can teach the course with confidence. David Sadker’s and Karen Zittleman’s lively writing style captures the joys and challenges of teaching. The text stresses the importance of fairness and justice in school and society, focuses on the most crucial topic areas, and integrates the most current issues in education. In addition, the wealth of activities includedfrom online video observations to portfolio-building exercisesoffers a broad range of ways to introduce students to the teaching profession.
Instructors and students can now access their course content through the Connect digital learning platform by purchasing either standalone Connect access or a bundle of print and Connect access. McGraw-Hill Connect® is a subscription-based learning service accessible online through your personal computer or tablet. Choose this option if your instructor will require Connect to be used in the course. Your subscription to Connect includes the following:
• SmartBook® - an adaptive digital version of the course textbook that personalizes your reading experience based on how well you are learning the content.
• Access to your instructor’s homework assignments, quizzes, syllabus, notes, reminders, and other important files for the course.
• Progress dashboards that quickly show how you are performing on your assignments and tips for improvement.
• The option to purchase (for a small fee) a print version of the book. This binder-ready, loose-leaf version includes free shipping.
Complete system requirements to use Connect can be found here: http://www.mheducation.com/highered/platforms/connect/training-support-students.html
- McGraw-Hill Higher Education
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.00(w) x 10.10(h) x 1.10(d)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews