1. Teaching as Decision Making.
Topic 1: Planning for Instruction: Setting the Stage.
2. Understanding Students and Learning.
3. Choosing and Analyzing Classroom Goals.
4. Planning Educational Outcomes.
5. Assessing Learning Performances.
Topic 2: Implementation: Getting Out There and Teaching.
6. Reflective Lesson Design.
7. Models for Teaching: Direct.
8. Models for Teaching: Inductive Approaches.
9. Facilitating Structures and Strategies.
10. Differentiation and Diversity.
Topic 3: Creating a Positive Learning Environment.
11. Classroom Management: Traditions, Programs, and Goals.
12. A Rational Approach to Classroom Management.
13. Looking Back and Looking Ahead.
Appendix: Example Unit.