Welcome to our book.
I. THE JOURNEY TO BECOME A TEACHER.
1. An Invitation to Life: The Art of Teaching.
2. How You Teach is Who You Are.
3. The Teacher as Researcher: Asking Questions, Discovering Answers.
4. The Pre-Professional Portfolio: Documenting Self.
II. THE CHILD AS PROVOCATEUR.
5. The Child as Cultural Invention: Reconstructing Images of the Child.
6. Creating Spaces for Children to be Known and Valued: Educational and Caring Spaces.
III. FAMILIES, SCHOOLS AND COMMUNITIES TOGETHER: LEARNING FROM EACH OTHER.
7. A Family, Centered Model: Parent-Teacher Partnerships.
8. The Amiable School: Incorporating Everyone into the Equation.
IV. THE TOOLS OF TEACHING AND LEARNING.
9. Negotiating a Curriculum: The Long Story.
10. The Use of Documentation in an Inquiry-Based Classroom.
11. Projects as a Key to Community Building.
12. Four Public School Teachers Speak Out about Inquiry-Based Classrooms with older students.